An Overview of the 2020-2021 Curriculum Year
|All About Me
Kids in the Kitchen
Tropics in Winter
Egg-citing Changes The Joy of Art Nurture Nature
|May/June 2021||Nests and Hives
Fun at the Fair
|America the Beautiful
1, 2, 3, Review with Me
Welcome to FunShine Express!
Your child’s teacher/child care provider will be offering a wide range of stimulating activities this year through our professionally designed Buttercups® curriculum program. The Buttercups program is for ages 0-3. Curriculum activities are designed to address established early learning goals and standards throughout the United States.
Benefits for Your Child:
Benefits for Parents/Caregivers
What Will My Child Learn?
Each Buttercups curriculum kit covers a two – month time frame— Sept / Oct, Nov / Dec, Jan / Feb, Mar / Apr, May / June, and July / Aug.Each kit includes four themes, with each theme lasting about two weeks.Your child ‘s teacher / child care provider can choose from a variety of activities and materials to promote and enhance growth in the following developmental areas:
- Language/Literacy: Children develop skills in both listening and communicating and build a foundation for later reading and writing. Activities include songs, rhymes, fingerplays, reading picture books, and more
- Physical/Health: Activities promote wellness and allow children to grow in using both small and large muscles. Playdough, water play, vigorous outdoor play, healthy snack ideas, and more are offered.
- Science/Math/Creative Arts: Children are encouraged to enjoy and explore a variety of art materials, investigate their world, and begin to engage in symbolic thinking. Activities include pretend play, sensory exploration, experimentation, self-expression, and more.
- Social/Emotional: Experiences are planned to help children develop relationships with adults and other children, learn more about themselves, recognize and express feelings, and begin to demonstrate self-regulation.
- Social Studies: Predictable routines and age-appropriate rules bring order to children’s lives. Children will learn about their families, their child care setting, and the local culture and community.
- Approaches to Learning: Opportunities to build skills in this area are woven throughout all of the curriculum activities. Such activities focus on building memory and promoting curiosity, persistence, and problem-solving—skills that are critical for lifelong learning!